Supergirl has started making irregular appearances on this blog. I explain some of my fascination with her in Poetic Justice: In search of Supergirl and Who is Supergirl. In my poetry, I choose not to follow the orthodox texts – or Supercat either (I have very mixed feelings about the TV series – see Too Much Too Fast – Supergirl’s Intransigence and Illogic and Another Super Rant – What the ’El?). Sexual and romantic orientations, essential character and even physical form are all variables. The most popular poem, by far, is Batgirl and Supergirl.
Where are you, Kara?
The world needs you, Supergirl!
Most of the poems were written in April 2014, but there is an ongoing series about the lesbian romance between Supergirl and the supervillain dominatrix Mistress X:
- A hero true, Mistress X holds the city to ransom.
- Until our souls combine, Coffee with Mistress X.
- Ineffectual Steel, The world is in peril, but Mistress X has other priorities.
- Stopped with a Kiss, Supergirl is frustrated with the media; Mistress X cheers her up.
- Super Honeymoon Game, The Earth moves for Supergirl.
- Super Man vs Girl, Superman is unhappy over Supergirl’s villainous wife.
- Women Need No (Super)Men, Mistress X, naturally, is furious with Superman.
- The City’s Riches, Mistress X plays another kinky game.
- Lois Aflame, Mistress X and Supergirl get delicious revenge on Superman.
- My hero touched me here, Supergirl uses her powers for evil.
- Deep the shrouding darkness, A back-alley villanelle.
- So loud the hero screamed!, A vengeful terzanelle.
- Lover’s Game, A bored Mistress X plays a game with Supergirl
- Dressing as a Man, or, The SuperSanta Express
- This femininity I do detest, A body swap induces dysphoria for Mistress X
- A Virgin Pure, Supergirl and Mistress X watch TV
Which also has an origin-tale sequence:
- A Girl Called X, an origin tale of sorts for Mistress X
- A Frightened Girl, Our Hero, Kara’s version of their first meeting
- Beneath the Cooling Sun, The military come for Kara but find Mistress X
- Just X Found, Mistress X finds Kara’s shapeship
- How Kara got her name, in which Supergirl is born
- A Star Ignited, Mistress X wasn’t the first person to put Kara in chains…
- That Shattering Night, … but she was the one who set her free
- Kara to Kal, Supergirl is furious with her cousin
- The obligatory costume scene, Playing dress-up
- I kneel before no metal man, Supergirl saves the day
- Oh, Supergirl, a moment please, Dreaming of a day job
- Kill me, Supergirl, Sometimes there is no hope…
- The worm turns, Mistress X erases her past
- Evidence of pain, An existential crisis
- Sunshine, A rebirth
Supergirl in love
on her knees for Mistress X
the villainess melts
April is National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo), basically an excuse (if you need one) to write a poem a day. For April 2014, I adopted a Supergirl theme – but only because I told myself at the start that I couldn’t write poetry about superheroes, and had the perversity to do exactly that.
- My supergirlfriend, My girlfriend is super in every way!
- Supergirl at home, Life as a single supermother.
- Mischievous Distraction, A super-mischievous muse.
- Girl of Steel, Gender equality.
- Fallen Heroes, A wheelchair hero.
- Super(ficial)girl(friend), There’s no accounting for taste?
- She alone remembers…, Last daughter of Krypton.
- Unchecked Rage, Poet in a bad mood.
- Bound in chains, Once more in the hands of evil desire…
- Unseen shadow, What evil fate awaits Supergirl?
- Cosplay, Superfun with an inquisitive girlfriend.
- Superboy, If she’s a girl, how come he’s not a boy?
- Super(poly)girl, A world of love!
- A million heart-wrenched tears, Neither human nor divine.
- Teasing and Twisting, Who said she was white?
- The Ruba’i of Kara, Sad daughter of Krypton.
- Robed in white, Ditching the red and blue.
- Superman?, Or is he?
- Falling Tears, Cruel reality.
- Pleasure and Perversity, Gotta love a girl with a tattoo.
- A blatant rip-off, There’s no one like Macavity!
- Supernature, How come aliens always look so human?
- Beauty in Chains, A lover/villain plots revenge…
- Or so the old joke goes, She’s naked!
- An unsought kiss, An aromantic twist.
- Batgirl and Supergirl, An erotic encounter mid-air…
- sweet sensual synergy, Concluding with some haiku.
Supergirl a porno made to tease her Mistress X
A hundred dirty fantasies of solo supersex
She acted them out one by one, the risqué and the tame
And all of it was captured in a single blurry frame
Finally, some other Supergirl poems &c. written after April: